Visa for Australia:
Students traveling to Australia for studies need to apply for an appropriate student visa, as there are different visas offered to different students. A primary or secondary school student’s visa is different from the visa offered to a student of vocational education or a student of postgraduate research. Thus one should carefully analyze as to the category they fit in.
To begin with, a student must be accepted for a full-term study in a registered course by a registered organization (under Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students). Besides submitting the essential documents at the time of applying for the visa, one must fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for a student’s visa:
- Sound Financial capacity (ability to pay for the air fare, tuition fee and living costs)
- Proficiency in English
- Be of good character
- Be of sound healthHave a health insurance through the Overseas Student Health Cover (UNI)
Have no pending debt to the Commonwealth of Australia or have made provisions to repay the sameVisa for Canada:
Besides acquiring a student’s visa to study in Canada, one also has to meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations. Only successful compliance with the same will yield a student permission to enter Canada. One needs to submit the following documents along with their visa application:
- Completed Student Application form.
- Completed Supplementary Questionnaire (students and postdoctoral researchers)
- Official acceptance letter from the chosen Canadian University, College or technical Institute.
- In case plan to study in Quebec, a Certificate of Acceptance from the province of Quebec.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores, if applicable.
- Passport, valid for at least one year from the planned date of entry to Canada, plus valid passports of any accompanying dependents.
- Bank draft for the applicable visa processing fees.
A student must substantiate his/her ability to pay for the tuition fee, pay for day-to-day living for himself and his family, and pay for return ticket back to the country of origin once the program comes to an end. Once the essential documents have been submitted, a student may be called for an interview with a Canadian Visa Officer. Thereafter, a student along with his accompanying family members would be instructed on taking a medical examination. On successful completion of the required formalities, the candidate would be issued a visa if there are no other concerns with the application.Visa for New Zealand:
- You require the following documents to apply for a student visa:
- Offer letter from university/college
- Application form
- TOEFL/ IELTS score sheet
- Copy of academic and work experience documents
- Valid passport
- One recent passport size photograph
- Medical reports
The visa office usually takes around two to three weeks to process an application. Once all the requirements are met, you will be advised in writing that your application has been approved in principle, following which you will have to submit within a month an evidence of payment of course fees for one year and complete all other requirements for the visa to be issued.Visa for Singapore:
The student receives the offer letter along with the student visa kit. This contains a student contract form and the form 16 for visa. Student then completes all documentation accordingly and submits the file to the agent who further couriers the same to the University where the student has applied. The Institute on behalf of the student applies for the student pass. This can be done online by the Institute using the SOLAR system.
The application for the visa must be submitted two months before the commencement of the academic session. At the end of this period, successful students are issued an in-principle approval letter by the ICA, which includes the student’s visa. A student may enter Singapore using the ICA letter and complete the remaining formalities at the ICA Building in Singapore. At this stage, students need to furnish the following documents:
Visa for United Kingdom:
- Student’s valid passport
- One passport size color photograph (on white background)
- A duly signed copy of eForm 16
- A copy of the in-principle approval letter
- Copy of Academic documents
- Bank statements, Pay slips etc.
Before applying for a student visa, you must get a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter from a recognized University.
Thereafter, student is required to fill up an online application form and fix an appointment in Visa Facilitation Services (VFS) to lodge the visa file.
The important documents a student needs to submit are as follows:
- Online application form
- CAS Letter
- Financial documents
- Supporting documents mentioned on the CAS letter
A student has to visit VFS centre personally to submit the visa file and to give the biometric data.